In 1920, Chris and Marie Peterson started Hiawatha Beach Resort. Duck hunters were the first patrons receiving hot meals and warm beds. The name was taken from the song Hiawatha, wich their children were learning about in school.
In 1959 Tanner and Myrtle Jacobson along with their son and daughter in-law Stan and Millie Jacobson sold the family farm to pursue their dream of owning a resort. The resort catered to mainly fishing groups with Tanner and Stan running the launch service while Myrtle and Millie served meals and developed a reputation for their delicious pies.
In May of 1961 Millie was induced to give birth to her fourth child so that she would be home in time to feed an incoming fishing group. Together Stan and Millie gave everything to the resort and absolutely loved it.
In 1980, Stan and Millie's youngest son Larry married his wife Sue together they began to buy out Myrtle. Larry and Sue worked hard and reinvested back into the business to transform it from a fishing resort to a family resort. They raised three children on the resort, their youngest, Emily, started seminary school in the summer of 2010.
On January 1st of 2012 their sons Anthony and Ben entered into a partnership with Larry and Sue.